2011 featured an array of styles that were good (tribal prints), bad (high-low tees, not blouses, tees) and the over-killed (feathers in/on hair, jewelry, dresses, etcetera). I am really looking forward to what 2012 has in store. NY Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is only a little over a month away and will feature collections from designers for the winter and fall of 2012. Although one of the most exciting times of the year is upon us (ahem, Fashion Week), I am already privy to some trends that were hot in 2011 that will continue right into the New Year. Such as the following:
(1) The cross-body. This global trend came in various shapes, sizes and adornments. Personally, my favorite cross-body bags always feature studs, such as Attention’s sack cross-body.
(2) Sofia Vergara has a killer pair of patent platform pumps. This style has easily become a staple in every femme’s closet.
(3) Jegging jeans are not only practical for day-to-day wear, but are perfect for evening affairs. Hence, this trend is going nowhere anytime soon.
(4) Statement jewelry that comes in various eye-catching patterns, colors and designs will be another big hit for 2012.
(5) Last, but certainly not least is the lace trend. Among my favorite styles to wear are the simple lace trim camisoles that can be worn under cardigans and tops for a bright pop of color.
Ciao — Gabby